Pages

Snag a Button

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The infamous cast

 Melissa got her cast off a few weeks ago.  She is a saver...I'm not, so much.  So, I suggest taking a picture and capturing it "forever" so she could through it away.  She actually wanted to wet it.  The doctor had warned her of getting it wet, and I think she wanted to see what happened if it got wet.  As if it would explode or change colors or shape???  Hmmm....nothing happened...she tried it!   The cast has not been thrown away as of yet.  I hope for the best, but the kids still put it on!  Ewww....gross---is that what you are thinking?  Those have been some of my thoughts. 
I've been thinking lately of posting some serious thoughts...on our life.  We have been back in the states for over a year and a half and boy, do some strange feelings/thoughts occur when one comes "home?!"  Do you wonder what I mean?  or Do you have some understanding of this?  It's like this cast---you have the evidence that something broke or changed, but you are expected by most of the people that surround you to not really be any different than before or just return to the swing of things.  Sometimes, this may be the case, but as with brakes, sometimes your bones "feel the weather."  Sometimes, I "feel" the weather of living in a foreign land and being home, feeling a bit "foreign" or changed or just somehow not the same as before.   I think a lot lately about how it seemed so long that we were there in Russia, but when I think of this time here in Longmoo, Tx---it's about the same amount of time(a year and a half or two years is not very long at all)...and yet this time here flew by(with a lots of different sets of highs and lows than Russia highs and lows) and the time there did not fly by.  It did not drudge along, but it was not fast.  Deep thoughts...maybe more will follow.  

2 comments:

Mike Cantrell said...

Yes, let's hear some more deep thoughts.

We miss you guys --

Jen Price said...

Ha! My daughter is a saver, too. She would absolutely save a cast. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!