Pages

Snag a Button

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still here...working with TEXANS---yeehaw!!!

I haven't blogged in several days. So sorry!!! We have been working with a team from Texas, going to an orphanage in the city. We have met several very nice translators and amazing people by working with them. We have been to the orphanage twice and have enjoyed meeting the kiddos in our particular groups. John is working with the older kids group and I and all our kids are working with a group of 10-12 year old kids. We have been able to teach the different holidays that Americans celebrate such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and tomorrow will be Easter. The group that I get to help with has about 5 kids that will be adopted in the US in the next year or so. Many of them are part of a hosting program where they stay with an American family for about 6 weeks in the winter and many of them are adopted from this program. Very amazing to see this.

We will not be able to be there tomorrow b/c of other committments on Thursday--one of which is the girls and I will be visiting an art studio run by an American and Russian couple. They offer classes to orphans throughout the city. Katie and Melissa may go to a class tomorrow and I will help in whatever way I can. Very exciting!

I will try to download pics later, but not tonight...it's 23:43---haha---I will never get used to seeing military time!!! When it's 12am, the clocks say 0:00!!! Funny to see.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I heard some Y'all today from one of the Texan ladies!