Pages

Snag a Button

Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day of Winter


December 21st is the first day of Winter and is also the shortest day of the year. Being so far north, you can really tell the days are short. We've taken a few pictures to show our day. The pictures were taken at 8:30, 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30 and the last one at 3:15. The official sunrise was at 9:25 and the sunset was 3:13. WooHoo!! We've made it. The days only get longer from here on out.


This is evidently a time when people from Finland and surrounding areas get out of the darkness and visit somewhere else because it's too depressing for them. But we were troopers---this is a true accomplishment-really!! Now, I can say that I have made it through the darkest days of my life!!! HAHA!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've done the photo thing too. Have to say I don't envy you!

Mary said...

I don't envy you either. When I was in Sweden last month I noticed how dark it was and it was depressing. They told me that was the worst month to visit.

The Hargrove Family said...

Wow, that is crazy! You guys ARE troopers! Church is good. We are gearing up for the Christmas services...we are all battling sickness right now so just trying to get better. Miss you guys!