Pages

Snag a Button

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Give me your eyes!!!

Brandon Heath--Give Me your Eyes
Wow---my friend Valentina tuned me into this musician and this song...and then I was reminded of it by another friend Ginger. You might think that this would be a "typical" song for me to like because of us working with kids that are broken, but in fact, I sooooo need His eyes even more---these past 7 months have been very interesting, to say the least. Just because brokenness is right in front of you, doesn't mean that you see it or have the compassion to understand it. I read this morning in Isaiah 50: 4 how Jesus had the perfect word because He had hearing ears!---such verses to pray:
4The Lord GOD has given me
the tongue of those who are taught,
that I may know how to sustain with a word
him who is weary.
(wow!!)
Morning by morning he awakens;
he awakens my ear
to hear as those who are taught.
5 The Lord GOD has opened my ear,
and I was not rebellious;
I turned not backward.
6 I gave my back to those who strike,
and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard;
I hid not my face
from disgrace and spitting.(I included the last verse--so you could see how it was really Jesus that is being prophecied about here---notice---his obedience in verse 5 was a choice and not a given because of who He was.)


Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes from Brandon Heath on Vimeo.

No comments: