Pages

Snag a Button

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Turn my Heart, O Lord...which ever way you want!

The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes.

~Proverbs 21:1 (NAS)


I was reading a friend's blog...over on a different site...and I found a new prayer that I started praying! I am applying the word King...to anyone...and thus myself.

Lord, turn my heart wherever you wish!! Isn't that the most perfect cry out to God. In the end, we want to follow Him or not. I want to follow HIM. So, who can control my heart? He can! and I so want and invite Him to. I have been thinking a lot on forgiveness lately and this is also my prayer with forgiving...Lord, help me forgive! He knows I am weak and my anger and selfishness can get in the way...so why not ask for help where I am weak and He is strong.

Will you pray this for your life??? It's straight scripture!



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's a good point. I get confused sometimes when I read the Psalms and it starts talking about "the king." Sometimes I use it to pray for political or Christian leaders; sometimes I apply it to myself as needing strength other than the strength I get from the world.

Patty Wysong said...

I love this prayer and I'm going to use it! ...and trust Him.
Thanks!
Huggles!