Pages

Snag a Button

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Aggieland

 parking garage that John and I were both patrons of.
 good ole' Kyle Field--football stadium

 I think this was the vet school.
 where John and I ate every Sunday night...memories!
John and I, my brothers, and one of my sister in laws all went to Texas A&M for our undergrad.  John and I met my first full day on campus through a Christian group called Intervarsity Christian Fellowship(aka--IV, IVCF or Intervegetablecreamcorn fellowship!--yes, we call things by lots of names!).  We didn't start dating til Spring of the following year.  We married 3 weeks after we both graduated...so our lives began together at the lovely College Station.  Our kids have just recently been asking a lot of questions of how we met and about A&M.  They have all but Matthew(our youngest) said they want to go to A&M!  Whoop!  We shall see---I at that age wanted to attend a Christian college in Pensecola then Stephen F Austin--both of which dropped off my list by my senior year.

All this said, I am not a reunion type of gal.  As one person said from my high school class--those who love reunions...say a lot, " Back in the good ole days..."  I say----I like my life now.  I love my family, my kids, my hubby, my life--NOW, not how it used to be back in high school.  So, when high school reunions come around, unless I am dragged or persuaded, I will probably not be seen there at my own.  We did go to John's and had a great time though.

 College reunions, well, that's another story!  My group of friends from IV are still by far some of the greatest friends John and I have met.  So, when IV had a reunion, we went!  A&M had to be visited when we went there.  John is a history buff and could inform all our kids what things meant, when they were built and all the good info that goes into Aggie tradition!   Melissa has started watching Aggie football games with dad too.  She is leaning the most toward Aggieland.  Katie took these pics above and can't wait to go to vet school at A&M!

1 comment:

Jen Price said...

How fun you got to visit! I've eaten at that Freebirds!