Pages

Snag a Button

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Modge Podge Dresser

We needed a dresser for the girls, so I went to a resale shop here in town.  The owner is an amazing talented young lady and I just picked her brain!!  She had this dresser(it was a plain off white wood dresser.) and told me about her idea for modge podging scrapbook papers on the drawers, so I looked it up and tried my hand at it.  I love how it turned out.  Yes, I know my own mistakes on the dresser and I am hoping it holds up over time(the design, not the dresser!)  My oldest helped me pick out the papers that I used for each drawer!  Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture---bummer!


What I learned:  Do not use modge podge as the final coat---it's a bit sticky.  The drawers stuck and I had to repaint a coat where it took off paint!!  YIKES--what a project!  I'm not a perfectionist, so I decided today, just to be done with it...and enjoy it.    I sprayed it with a clear type of sealant in the end.  The picture that is above the dresser was painted by my sister in law, Jackie, a few years ago, and it goes wonderfully!  Thanks Jackie-- again!  I love my paintings through out our house that are painted by my mother in law and my sister in law!  It's fun to have artists in the family.  Our artists:  two sisters in laws, my cousin, my paternal grandmother, my aunt, my uncle (my aunt was my uncle's art student in college!) my mother in law, and my own kiddos.

2 comments:

Mark and Corrie said...

It turned out so cute! I'm impressed with your craftiness! :)

Unknown said...

This is a super cute dresser!!