Pages

Snag a Button

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011--

 their piles...
 Melissa went first...can't remember what she was opening though.

 Katie's crown from Matthew:)

 Matthew's sword from Mark--he didn't want to see what it was til it was opened!!
 we had friends that carved this knife--and a gun---my first gun that I bought for Mark. 
 a dart board---to go in our "sun room/game room"
 notice the boards behind Melissa...we made these for the girl cousins and my girls...it's a chalkboard/coat rack.  We had fun diying it!!
 a small remote control robot--for Mark!!!
 Aunt Cristina and Uncle Stephen's Frank Lloyd Wright puzzle for the kids.

Another tradition--open one present at a time!  It just seems like no one gets to enjoy other people opening when mayhem happens!  So, started by an idea from my brother's friend's family...we do the one at a time thing.  This year, I took the kids to the dollar store, where they chose to buy each other presents with their money that they have earned over the year.  Ok, I am still stuck in the before inflation times(back when $1 was alot!!), so they don't earn much...but they don't need much, right?  It's not like I make them buy their clothes or food!!   My kids loved watching each other open their specific present...it was fun to see their excitement in giving!  Merry Christmas 2011!!
We also got a treat---my parents came to visit Christmas night and stayed for 2 nights!  So fun to share Christmas with both parent sets!

3 comments:

Jen Price said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! We open one at a time, too. I love seeing what everyone gets and the look on the kid's faces.

Kendra said...

What a fun time spent with family! I think I would cry if my parents surprised us for Christmas. How wonderful to have everyone together!

Karen said...

Love seeing the kids and how grown up they are looking. Looks like a great Christmas!