Pages

Snag a Button

Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Gingerbread House for 2010





My Aunt Linda does a phenomenal job on gingerbread houses...so I asked for her recipe for the icing...and any tips she might have...I love the icing recipe that she gave me...I learned that it needs to stay a bit before decorating into it, but in the end, it was so much better than the store bought icing.  I let the kids decorate so, each of them had a part to do.  Katie did the sleigh, Melissa did a lot of the house, Mark did the pathway of M&M's and the back of the house, and Matthew did the reindeer.  I did the roof::)!  In case you were wondering...the can and the maple syrup was to keep the walls from falling.

The pictures below are just a sample of what my aunt has done!  She is an amazing woman!  She's a nurse and has always worked very hard and sometimes late hours...I've grown up with stories of her gingerbread houses that she worked on in the wee hours of the morning!  I guess nursing can prepare you to work that late!  She reminds me of Proverbs 31, but especially this one part... 
"and her lamp does not go out at night."



No comments: