Pages

Snag a Button

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update on life...

I haven't posted in a long while, so I am just updating a few things here for you...we still have Katya and her little Cristina here living with us. She has such a servant's heart(all you Tim Hawkins fans---not his kind of "servant heart" but the real good meaning kind). She is going today to apply for an addition job, her current job is not always reliable and she needs a reliable income. Please pray for her to find something that she enjoys and that she would be a good steward of her money coming in. We have found a wonderful babysitter for Monday-Wednesday and I will be babysitting on Thursdays.

We have had moments of a roller coaster over here, thinking one day things are going great and the next day things are not. It keeps you praying and needing God's provision all the time. Please continue to pray peace/guidance/wisdom and whatever the Lord puts on your heart!!!

Some days I think ---really, I am doing well and I am following Him in all my ways (well, ok, I am not as confident as David in the Bible was at times saying there is no wicked thing in him---but I am convinced he was Sanguine in those moments--and I don't think I have a Sanguine bone in me!--John has them all!!) and I have a peaceful heart and then something happens and I open la boca grande(if you don't know Spanish, you can guess!) and not so calm things come out.

A friend of mine that has been on the mission field before said that being a missionary in another country can bring out the very worst things in our character. Well, not that I was soooo much better in the states, but some days I feel like yuck is spilling over out of me. Today, as I am feeling this, what is the kids' scripture verse: Take my yoke upon you and learn from me...for I am gentle and humble at heart...whoa! Ok, so that's what I want but don't have a grasp of right now at this very moment. May I yoke myself to the Lord and learn from His character!!

I am going to be starting to go to a dorm again with a dear friend from 2006--Lucya--I look forward to our time tonight.

Many teams from states and Holland are coming in soon, so we will get to see many people in about a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember sister that God overcame incredible obstacles to bring you to the people you are interfacing with today. He loves you, He has your back and we will ALL rejoice together at the testimony that comes from this great adventure.
I just want you to know that even though you may not hear from me on a regular basis, I pray for you and think of you and the family EVERY DAY!!!
So, put one foot in front of the other and keep on trucking in Jesus' name :-)

Mary said...

I miss you all and think of you often.