After you read mine or before...you answer it...leave me a comment if you plan to answer these!
Ginger---I thought of you when I did this one!!
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I learned to love reading when I discovered the Elizabeth Gail Series in the sixth grade. I can't remember loving to read before then.
2. What are some books you read as a child?
Little Women, Elizabeth Gail Series(18 books), Anne of Green Gables-most of these in the series, Little Men(I don't actually remember if I really finished this one though) , Kitty in the Summer.
2a. Did your parents ever do anything to get you into reading? Did it work? Are they readers?
My mom would have us read one book(that she would buy for us) in the summer. It probably helped, but I didn't like to read til I found the E.G. series(maybe my mom bought the first of these). My mom is an avid reader and my dad reads many non-fiction Christian books.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Biographies, Christian Romance(no matter what time period!)
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
Honor Bound by Colleen Reece.
5. Where do you usually read?
I like to read outside, on the bed, on the couch, on the floor, in hiding places!(anywhere!)
6. When do you usually read?
At night, sometimes on the weekend, on car trips
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
I don't skim too much in non-fiction(unless I don't like it and I have to read it!), but I do a lot in fiction.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Buy ---I am a penny saver, but the library for some reason hasn't caught on with me. My mom and I trade a lot, and I LOVE to use paperbackswap.com
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
If I will read it again, I keep it. Otherwise, I just put it on pbswap or give it to someone!
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
Little Lord Fauntleroy and Little House on the Prairie
12. What are you reading now?
Touch of Grace by L. Snelling
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Mentally and on PB swap
14. What’s next?
Russion mission mystery or Mozart's Sister , Jane Austen Biography, Bringing up Boys,...etc
15. What books would you like to reread?
Lori Wick(Historical)--most of them!!
16. Who are your favorite authors?Some of them, in no particular order:
Wanda Brunstetter, Beverly Lewis, Dee Henderson, Karen Kingsbury, James Dobson, there are many more, but I can't think of names right now.