Pages

Snag a Button

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scarecrow Illustration--Amazing--Enlightening!!


I am reading a book called Hearing Heart by Hannah Hurnard, author of Hinds’ Feet on High Places. In this book, she shares something about fear that helped her from then on.


The preacher said, “A wise bird knows that a scarecrow is simply an advertisement. It announces that some very juicy and delicious fruit is to be had for the picking. There are scarecrows in all the best gardens...If I am wise, I too shall treat the scarecrow as though it were an invitation. Every giant in the way which makes me feel like a grasshopper is only a scarecrow beckoning me to God’s richest blessings.” He concluded, “Faith is a bird which loves to perch on scarecrows. All our fears are groundless.”


Think on this one...be bold in the Lord's wisdom!

No comments: