Pages

Snag a Button

Monday, March 10, 2008

Righteousness Vs. Evil




Did you know that those who love the Lord and keep His commands actually affect thousands of generations?
I often think of those who sin and how the effects of that sin are passed down, but look at this scripture! Very motivating to follow Christ...
Exodus 20:5-6
5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,
6but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. "
We think of God as a judge sometime, but we need to realize that God is much more loving than He is judgmental.
Will you choose life for your children and their children and so forth?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's neat how God's attributes (wisdom, wrath, love, peace) all balance each other. The Bible says that a false balance is an abomination to God... He balances himself. His perfect love, mingled with his perfect judgment, provides a perfect balance.

Unknown said...

Hey, again! I have to insert the html every time... major pain! I just bookmarked the page where it gives me the html, then I can easily copy and paste when I have a new post. I'll bet there's an easier way that we haven't found yet :o) If I find it, I'll let you know. If you find it, please let me know!

Lauren