Pages

Snag a Button

Monday, August 11, 2008

I love what my Father in law had to say!

This weekend we went to visit John's family for our last shabang before Russia...on Saturday night, all the adults and one or two of the older cousins prayed over John and me. Before all the serious stuff started, John's dad said to not worry about finances and God's provision because and he quoted:
Psalm 37:25
I have been young, and now am old,yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor his children begging for bread.
Then, he said a funny which just flowed right after the scripture..."I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich is better!"
It was such a funny quote I just had to post it!

On a serious note, it was such a good and tearful prayer time...my third oldest nephew, Davis, sent me over the top in emotions...he prayed for us and then my father in law had Davis lay his hands on the tops of our heads while my father in law prayed. Let me just say--the tears would not stop!

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

Those are wonderful Scriptures. How understanding of your father.
I'm so excited for your family, Sept. 2nd will be here in no time at all.

Praying all works out and the house sells soon.
God bless!