Pages

Snag a Button

Monday, May 12, 2008

Passing the baton?


I have to say that my favorite day of the entire year is Mother's Day! John is the absolute best at making me feel that it is my special Day! He even gets the kids to sing a revised Dora song(we don't do Dora , but it's an applicable song)...It's Mom's Special Day, un dia especial!!!--They tell me all day long...we hope you are having a great Mother's day and John doesn't have me do any work at all, unless I choose to , of course!

This year I received my favorite bath and body works honey suckle lotion/spray/wash (Thanks to Diana Smith for helping me discover this scent!!)and a tote(I've secretly wanted a new tote---didn't even have to tell my honey!!) and chocolate and my European wedding band---did you know that in Europe and Russia and many countries surrounding these, the men and women wear their rings on their right hand and they are simple gold or silver bands...no diamonds? So, I have one of their type of rings now---I love it!!! It's even comfort fit!!

Ever since Katie was born, Mother's Day is such a special day for me(selfishly). Of course, growing up and before kids, I honored my mother and mother in law only, but now, I am added to the mix:). I was thinking yesterday, my mom and my mother in law celebrate differently now that all the kids have left the nest. They might have one or none or some of us come in town for the weekend, but mostly they celebrate with their hubbies and phone calls. So, I am reminded to enjoy the days now, b/c when my girls marry and become moms and my boys marry and become dads...then, the mother's day and father's day batons are passed down and I will celebrate my kids as the moms and dads!




2 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hope you had a good Mother's Day! Oh, the girls watch Dora like crazy and we have almost every video. I have only seen one Dora that has the witch in it. The Fairy Princess One. Hmmmmm....maybe I missed the others. I'll keep my eye open, though. Thanks!

The Herd said...

Hope you had a great day too! I have only seen or heard of one also...but after I heard about it, I haven't had them watch any more, so I really don't know if there is more. I was always told I couldn't watch the smurfs growing up--and when I see or hear of witchcraft in kids videos I tend to steer very clear of them b/c of knowing how much witchcraft was in the smurfs. I don't pay much attention to kids videos when they are on as much as I do shows, so that's probably why I am so strong on if it's in one, we stay away from it all.
If it was a princess story one, I think that I might have been more ok with that than a sorcerer(which is what I thought was in the one we saw years ago.)