Pages

Snag a Button

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Elema Trip










This is our trip to Elema where we enjoyed hot dogs and pink marshmallows!  First, Ranger John had to build a fire with the paper and matches we had brought for that very purpose.  Unfortunately, everything at Elema was wet, so we had to search for dry wood at the bottom of the wood stash.  But, John is such a genius and fire wood pro--he had us a fire going soon enough.  We roasted hot dogs and eat them on bread--we have found hot dog buns, but only yesterday at a huge store--like a Sams/Costco.  Although, most things are not cheaper there, they are just more unique!!  So, now we know where to go to find buns!!
We have started enjoying Pringles too!!  The orginal kind is Katie friendly--and I must admit having a weakness to these yummy chips.  Thankfully, I know better and don't buy them too often!   I personally enjoy lighting my marshmallos on fire and therefore charring them, so my family finds me the phenomenon and watches me crunch my melted sugar on a stick!!


2 comments:

Mike Cantrell said...

What a great post. It's really fun to see you all having a good time at Elama.

See you soon!

Mary said...

I'm glad you are still using the hat I knit.